2015 Round-Up on Top Blog Posts and Military News Stories on MilitaryBridge.com
(1) Disney Announces Special Prices On Tickets & Rooms In 2016 For U.S. Military
Disney Parks is saluting U.S. military personnel in 2016 by offering special ticket and room prices.
See the post
(2) Microsoft-Microsoft has had a long history of supporting the military community! Our post on their new 2016 Microsoft Office Military Discount Program did quite well since it is such a fantastic deal for the military community.
Here is the post information in case you missed it:
The New 2016 Microsoft Office is HERE with an amazing price for military members.
It is now easier than ever to purchase your Microsoft Office Home Use Program for only $9.95 by using military verification through Sheer ID.
Visit Military Bridge to learn more and purchase Microsoft Office
(3) Sam's Club has been a huge military supporter not only through their nationwide military discount program but also through their commitment to hiring Veterans.
Sam's Club offers this year-round discount and also took it a step further in the Hampton Roads (Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake) locations due to the high concentration of military members and families to offer a huge discount on military membership to Sam's Club. Here is the post in case you missed it! Click Here.
(4) Our post on "75 Things To Do While Stationed In Hampton Roads" was one of our biggest posts of the year.
This post shares Beaches, Historic Things to Do, The Mountains, Busch Gardens, Aquariums, Zoos, Family Entertainment, Boating Excursions/fishing/dolphin & Whale Watching, Festivals,Get Outdoors and enjoy tons of great Activities year round!, Weekend Getaways and Day Trips.
Check it out on MB.
(5) Our Veterans Day post is always our biggest post of the year.
Every year we put together a list of Nationwide Veterans Day Offers. Stay tuned for next year...the offers are amazing.
Check out the Big List of Veterans Day Discounts, Freebies, and Events
(6) Our Memorial Day Post is another big one we share every year. Stay tuned for May 2016 offers.
Check out the post here NATIONAL MILITARY APPRECIATION DISCOUNTS, FREEBIES, AND EVENTS FOR MAY 1-31, 2015!.
Check out the post here!
(8) Military Discounts on Airline Travel & Other Travel Benefits
Check out the post!
(9) What is MyCAA? Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Scholarship — Helping Spouses Pursue Higher Education
Check out the post here!
(10) Winter is right around the corner and with that so is SKI SEASON! There are many resorts around the country that have a Military Discount Program for the ski season. MB has compiled a list of the TOP 10 Military Discounts around the country so you can start planning your winter getaway.
Check out the post! TOP 10 MILITARY DISCOUNT PROGRAMS FOR SKI RESORTS AROUND THE UNITED STATES.
(11) We shared military discount offers, specials, and events from Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country Year Round.
You can learn more and keep up to date with both parks and their military offers on MilitaryBridge.
(12) For those of you ringing in the New Year in Hampton Roads, check out our latest post on New Years Eve in Hampton Roads 2016
Check it out here!
Some of the Big News Stories of 2015
(1) BAH will no longer be set to cover 100% of housing and utility costs for a given location and pay grade.
(Article via National Military Family Association)
Instead, military families will have to absorb a percentage of housing costs – an average of 2% this year, rising 1% each year for the next three years.
What does that mean for you and your family? Read on for more details
(2) GI BIll- Big Cuts, Changes Coming to GI Bill Transfers
(Article via Spouse Buzz)
The House and Senate are both working on legislation that will increase the time you are required to serve from six to 10 before making the transfer, while also eliminating the ability for children who have been transferred a parent’s GI Bill to receive the entire Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) payout. Instead they will only receive half the amount.
Read the entire article HERE.
(3) TRICARE covers breast pumps and breast pump supplies at no cost for new mothers, including mothers who adopt an infant and plan to breastfeed You must have a prescription from a TRICARE-authorized physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or nurse midwife.
Learn more HERE!
(4) #BreakingNews History is made!
In historic decision, Pentagon chief opens all jobs in combat units to women
Learn more about this historic decision on The Wasington Times
(5) The Recent Federal Data Breack: Have you received that unsettling letter from OPM? Here's what to do if you have.
Thanks for following us here on MilitaryBridge.com we have some exciting news launching in 2016! Stay Tuned! Wishing you the best in the New Year!
Please Join Us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,PINTEREST, GOOGLE+, our website www.militarybridge.com, or ourEMAIL OR BLOG SIGN UP to keep up to date with all things Hampton Roads. We have also started a NEW group on Facebook so you will be sure not to miss a post. You can sign up here! We'd love to have you a part of MilitaryBridge!