TRICARE Reserve Select
TRICARE Reserve Select
TRICARE Reserve Select is:
- A premium-based plan
- Available worldwide
- For qualified Selected Reserve members and their families
If purchased, TRICARE Reserve Select meets or exceeds the requirements for minimum essential coverageBasic health care coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act requirement. If you don’t have coverage, you may have to pay a fee for each month you aren’t covered. under the Affordable Care Act.
Who Can Participate?
Members of the Selected Reserve (and their families) who meet the following qualifications:
- Not on active duty orders
- Not covered under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Not eligible for or enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program or currently covered under FEHB, either under their own eligibility or through a family member.
Note: Survivor coverage is not affected by FEHB eligibility.
Note: Those members in the Individual Ready Reserve including Navy Reserve Voluntary Training Units do not qualify to purchase TRICARE Reserve Select.
Certain members of the Selected Reserve who are covered by TRICARE Reserve Select and involuntarily separated under Other Than Adverse ConditionsA separation that is other than "honorable" or "general"., may have access to extended TRICARE Reserve Select coverage up to 180 days. For more information, contact your service personnel department.
How it Works
Schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-Authorized ProviderAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network..
- If you visit a non-network provider, you'll pay higher cost shares and may have to file your own health care claims.
- If you visit a network provider, you'll pay lower cost shares and the provider will file health care claims for you.
Referrals are not required for any type of care, but you may need prior authorization from your regional contractor for some types of services.
What You Pay
- Monthly premiums
- Annual deductible
- Cost share (or percentage) for covered services
Is TRICARE Reserve Select Right for You?
TRICARE Reserve Select is a great option for you and your family if you are:
- a member of the Selected Reserves,
- not on active duty orders or covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program, and
- not eligible for or enrolled in the FEHB.
The plan provides comprehensive health care coverage when you're notactivatedCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. and covered by active duty TRICARE benefits. And, because you can see any provider, you don't have to change providers if you already have one.
How to Enroll—Online Only
- Log in to the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application
- Follow the instructions to enroll
To log in, you must have one of the following:
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- DFAS (MyPay) Account
- DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) Premium (Level 2) account.
If you don't qualify, you won't be able to complete or print the form. Contact your National Guard or Reserve personnel office for assistance. If you experience a technical problem, call 1-800-477-8227 for assistance.
Rate and write a review