Adams Hall, Room 102A
Dothan, AL 36303
Phone: 334-983-6556 Ext1204
Whitley Hall, Room 102, 231 Montgomery Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
Phenix City/Columbus Campus
506 Manchester Expy., Suite B6
Columbus, GA 31904
Military Discounts & Incentives
Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
The Department of Defense (DoD) MyCAA program provides financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing education in programs leading to employment in Portable Career Fields. Spouses of active duty members of the Department of Defense and activated members of the National Guard and Reserve Components are eligible as well. Troy University offers on-site and online programs supporting participants in the MyCAA program.
The MyCAA Fact Sheet provides current information on eligibility and application procedures.
Learn more about MyCAA
Troy University Military and Family Scholarship
The Troy University Military and Family Scholarship has been established to recognize the service of U.S. Active Military, Reserve and National Guard members by offering a scholarship to the service member, their spouse and/or dependent children.
The Scholarship reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military or
- Must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Degree program level: Associate, Undergraduate, Graduate, or Doctoral
- Service members need not submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as your application). Members who have exhausted their military TA funding or decide not to utilize TA funding, should request the scholarship via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All eligibility requirements and award details for the TROY Military & Family Scholarship apply to service members.
- Scholarship Application must be received 2 weeks prior to the start of the Term or Semester for which the dependent is applying for the scholarship.
- Must submit completed Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status form to the Scholarship Coordinator no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the semester/term. Re-validation will be required each year not later than July, 31 to maintain scholarship. Download "Request for Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status" Form
- Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the Graduate level throughout the degree program.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or tuition assistance awarded by Troy University, VA, or State benefits (excluding 1606 & 1607).
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each semester or term.
- Amount of award will not exceed the credit hour requirements of the student’s initial program. Should the student change their degree program, they will be held to their original degree programs credit hour requirement.
- Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one associate’s, one bachelor’s degree, one master’s degree, and one doctorate degree)
Since 1950, TROY has been proud to work with military service members, veterans and their families as they pursue advanced education under the G.I. Bill, the Tuition Assistance Program, the MyCAA initiative, private funding and other financing options.
Troy University is an educational partner with the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
Troy University has been recognized as a leading institution for members of the military and veterans by U.S. News and World report, GI Jobs, Military Times Edge, Advanced Military Education, and more.
TROY for Troops Centers
Troy University provides its military-affiliated and veteran students with dedicated support at TROY for Troops centers located on the Troy and Montgomery, Alabama campuses as well as a virtual Troy for Troops Center in Blackboard.
These centers support academic and career success while providing a place to study as well as Veterans Affairs counseling, camaraderie and more.
LEARN MORE ABOUT TROY FOR TROOPS
Military Credit Use
Troy University recognizes the educational benefits of many experiences that occur outside the formal structure of accredited colleges and universities. Credit may be granted for military experience based on MOS (Army), AFSC (Air Force), or equivalent ratings by Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MILITARY CREDIT USE
Veteran Benefit Use
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! The Office of Financial Aid is responsible for certifying VA educational benefits for veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and dependents of veterans. We are delighted that you have made the choice to join our campus and take advantage of your educational benefits.
Learn more about Veterans Benefits
Yellow Ribbon Program
Troy University has pledged continued support of military veterans and active-duty personnel attending college by providing maximum tuition assistance allowed through a program associated with the Post 9/11 G.I Bill called the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Servicemembers Opportunity College
Troy University is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) network which was created in 1972 to provide educational opportunities to service members who, because they frequently moved from place to place, had trouble completing college degrees.
Learn more about Servicemembers Opportunity College
THE NAVY COLLEGE PROGRAM DISTANCE LEARNING PARTNERSHIP (NCPDLP)
In responding to Sailor's need for greater access to higher education, Navy College Program has developed partnerships with colleges and universities to offer rating relevant degrees via distance learning to Sailors everywhere.
Learn more about NCPDLP
U.S. AIR FORCE – AIR UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE TO BACCALAUREATE COOPERATIVE (AU- ABC)
The Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU ABC) was designed to provide Bachelor degree opportunities for enlisted Airmen. The cooperative focuses on advanced education as a means of enhancing force development while maximizing tuition assistance benefits and minimizing costs.
Learn more about AU-ABC
U.S. AIR FORCE GENERAL EDUCATION MOBILITY (GEM)
The GEM program is a partnership between the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and selected academic institutions. The program offers the 15 semester hour cluster of General Education courses required for the award of the A.S. degree of the CCAF.
Learn more about GEM
The Student Government Association has an initiative to support our troops currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan - the Troy University Troy for Troops challenge coins. Challenge coins are a very popular item and our soldiers who have received the coin already have been most appreciative. Challenge coins are collector’s items for military men and women. They make a wonderful gift to an individual who has a military background. Cost for a challenge coin is $10 and orders are being taken now. Profits from this sale will buy coins to send to our service men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan. Coins are an inch and a half in diameter.
Learn more about Challenge Coin
**The Point of Contact for all Centers is Danielle C. Pankey 334-670-3657**
Rate and write a review