MMIA’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values are at the root of the organization
MMIA is the vision of Mike Dorman who retired from the United States Coast Guard after 20 years of service. MMIA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization whose primary focus is to provide home modification services to disabled veterans to allow them to live independently (services are not restricted to those injured in combat nor is it restricted to disabled veterans from the most recent combat conflicts). MMIA has assisted veterans from the current conflict back to WWII.
MISSION: Dedicated to assisting veterans with disabilities, members of the Armed Forces and their families.
VISION: To set the standard of support for our veterans with disabilities, members of the Armed forces and their families by engaging neighbors, business and organizations.
CORE VALUES: Accountability, Dedication, Honor, Integrity, Patriotism, Service.
There are five MMIA Programs:
- Operation Building Hope provides home modifications to ensure veterans with disabilities can live independently in a fully-accessible home.
- Homes for Healing assists veterans who suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). MMIA assists veterans who suffer these conditions, which in turn helps in their healing process.
- Military Child Access Assistance Program (MCAAP) assists active duty service members and veterans who have children with special needs who require handicap accessibility into their home.
- Fill the Footlocker supports active-duty service-men and women serving in combat zones by collecting items which help bring them comfort and our homeless veterans in North Carolina. Operation Rescue Christmas supports military and veteran families who are facing difficult times during the holiday season.
- Operation Warrior Golf the Wounded Warrior battalions in North Carolina teaches veterans with disabilities how to overcome their limitation(s) through the game of golf. Upon completion of the program, MMIA presents the veteran with a gently-used set of golf clubs.
Since its inception, MMIA has provided $3.5 million in services to our veterans, shipped over 17,000 care packages to our servicemen and women in combat areas, and assisted over 11,000 homeless veterans, while continuing to support our military families.
Donate or Volunteer to MMIA: Military Missions in Action, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, offers many options for making donations or volunteering to our organization. Choose the one that’s right for you and be an important part of MMIA.
There are many ways to keep up to date with MMIA events and news. You can follow the MMIA Blog or follow them on Facebook! If you have any questions, you can contact MMIA at (919) 552-1603 (Fuquay-Varina location) or (910) 603-5999 (Southern Pines location) or by email info@
Rate and write a review